With the growth in popularity and relevance of Enterprise Architecture today, more and more organisations are aware of the potential benefits that Enterprise Architecture can provide. However, the challenge of demonstrating and exploiting the benefits without incurring significant cost is still a barrier to organisations looking to put an EA capability in place.
EAS are proud to be the sponsor of The Essential Project, the collective name for a set of free, open source enterprise architecture support tools that have been developed for use in conjunction with a variety of Enterprise Architecture approaches and frameworks. Free help and support is available via the Essential Forums, available on the Essential Project website.
For organisations that require a more professional or personalised service, EAS offer training and consulting services for the Essential Project.
We can work with your organisation to help you support your Enterprise Architecture initiatives with the best use of the Essential Project tools.
Consulting and support services offered include examples such as:
- Tool selection
- Platform Installation and Configuration
- Practical application of the Essential Project tools to meet specific objectives, such as:
- Business and IT strategy development and management
- Solution architecture design
- Project / programme management
- Application/technology rationalisation and cost reduction
- Strategic application and technology selection
- Legacy transitioning and decommissioning
- Outsourcing / "rightsourcing" strategy development
- IT governance
- Enterprise architecture process and organisation design (including ongoing mentoring and support)
Training services include:
- User training
- covering use of the Essential toolkit
- capturing knowledge about your organisation using the Essential Meta Model
- and activity-based training around specific scenarios, such as Application Porfolio Management
- Administrator training
- customising the Essential Toolkit
- extending the Essential Meta Model
- and creating new Essential Viewer reports.
See the Essential Project website for more details, or contact us directly.